An LLVM bug that affect both LDC and SDC. Worth pushing for

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 16:39:00 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 18 June 2014 at 23:08:06 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Yes, but the problem is not limited to SDC. LDC exhibit the same
> behavior (because it is an LLVM bug, not a SDC or LDC one).

Yes, certainly. To me, this looks like a limitation in GVN or so.

But coming back to the D side of things, do you have an actual D
test case showing the problem? The remaining load in your example
shouldn't be enough to trip up LDC's optimizer pass by itself,
but I'm rather certain that there might be more complex code with
missed optimization opportunities due to this.

David