A Perspective on D from game industry

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 19 13:01:02 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 07:22:22PM +0000, Wyatt via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 05:35:06 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >
> >certainly be nice. But all the data's there at once,  so no need for
> >constant fast-fowarding and rewindi...oh wait, that's right,
> >debuggers can't rewind either. ;)
> >
> Oh?
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/news/reversible.html
> http://rr-project.org/
>
> Debuggers, like most aspects of the C tooling ecosystem, have lain
> stagnant for a long time, but its not for lack of enhancement
> opportunities.  I think this is starting to change since LLVM has
> forced everyone to shake the rust off.
[...]

Wow. This is Very Cool(tm). I shall have to start using this!

The linked website says that all syscalls have to be emulated. Sounds
like, if the debugger's idea of what a particular syscall does is
different from what it actually does, you may get some strange results.
Which is a bit scary...

A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems. -- P. Erdos