Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 19 13:39:43 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 20:26:27 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> I assume you mean @safe <===> memory safety.

I mean that the best route in general is: @safe => memory safe
features on the local level (trivial) => "strength reduction"
into memory safe use of memory unsafe features (trivial).

> No, your line of reasoning is flawed. The amount of resources
> is not a constant. You must prove that memory safety holds for

I have not set out to prove anything, I dislike how people abuse
CS in order to "win" an argument. If you guys want to leverage CS
theory do it properly or leave it out. Just because you have read
Garey and Johnson does not mean that you should leverage it
without proper treatment.