Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 22 09:08:56 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 22 June 2014 at 15:01:57 UTC, Artur Skawina via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 06/22/14 15:13, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> You are passing copyright to DigitalMars for all contributions
>> anyway, Boost or proprietary.
>
> Not true in general. Or are you saying that Walter requires
> copyright
> assignment before merging code? If that would be the case then
> this
> would be an even bigger problem. (Hmm, the GCC integration
> makes the
> situation much more complicated)

All DMD source files mention "Copyright (c) *** by Digital Mars".
As far as I understand that implies that any pull request that
does not explicitly mentions copyright does assignment
automatically. Which totally makes sense because source base with
distributed copyright ownership is extremely inflexible to
maintain, to the point where it is better to simply reject such
pull request than to deal with it.