Optimizing Java using D

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 22 10:33:55 PDT 2014

On 6/21/2014 1:40 AM, Tofu Ninja wrote:

> On another note, if someArray.sort() calls the built in sort even when
> std.algorithm is imported, then most definitely built in sort needs to
> go, I can see plenty of times where people would not even realize they
> were calling the wrong sort or even that there was an error in their code.

If there's any lingering reasons why built-in sort might still need to
exist (I wouldn't know), then maybe it could get moved into object.d
(perhaps by internally being renamed ex. __sort, with a "sort" wrapper
in object.d?). That way it should at least trigger a conflict with
std.algorithm.sort instead of shadowing it.