Value range propagation for if-else

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 06:13:37 PDT 2014

Daniel Murphy:

> What happens when a function is called from different places
> with values with different ranges?  What about when it's called
> from another compilation unit?

One solution is to ignore such cases, so that feature gives
useful results only when the source is compiled in the same
compilation unit.

An alternative solution is to handle the functions that use those
features like templates, and keep the source available across
different compilation units. This is perhaps acceptable because I
think that kind of features is going to be used mostly for
library code and not for most user functions.

Bye,
bearophile