Designing a matrix library for D

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 11:36:06 PDT 2014

H. S. Teoh:

> Operations like intersections, subarrays, etc., should be done
> via wrapper types

A Region is not an array of data, it's more like a
[(x1,x2),(y1,y2)]. You can allocate an array given a Region, you
can iterate a Region, etc.

>> A.distribution ::= distribution of array A
>
> What's a "distribution"?

It's a concept of higher level compared to Regions. It's less
efficient than Regions, but it's more flexible. It allows to
decouple the Point from the location of the data memory. So you
can have a distribution that maps Points to various different
concrete arrays.

http://x10.sourceforge.net/x10doc/2.2.1/x10/array/DistArray.html
http://x10.sourceforge.net/x10doc/2.2.1/x10/array/Dist.html

I have not fully understood what a Distribution is.

Bye,
bearophile