Time to rename "D" to "@D" !?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 13:34:34 PDT 2014

On Monday, June 23, 2014 17:30:18 John via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The @ symbols used on all those attributes like @nogc @nothrow
> @pure @safe make the D code look ugly.
>
> If possible, please get rid of those @ symbols. The attributes
> look good without the "@" symbols.

It would be very cool if we could remove @ from all of the built-in
attributes, but the whole reason that they have them in the first place is
because it was decided that we didn't want to add new keywords - and that was
several years ago when D had a smaller user base. So, I really don't see it
changing at this point. If anything, we might go the _other_ way and add @
onto the attributes that don't have it in order to make them more consistent
(though I hope that we don't do that, because it's ugly and more verbose).

I sympathize with you, but I think that we're stuck at this point.

- Jonathan M Davis