Designing a matrix library for D

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 14:09:03 PDT 2014

H. S. Teoh:

> The key to success, then, lies in how we design the generic
> matrix API. If we do it right, then it should be easy to
> implement features like compile-time size verifications,
> etc.. Otherwise it can be very painful.

One point of my post was to see if it could be useful to extend
and improve the current D type system. Apparently you are saying
this is not needed for efficiency reasons (but perhaps some type
system improvements could be useful to reduce template bloat with
the usage of this matrix library. The idea is to perform the
compile-time tests of the sizes, and then remove such types in
most cases, avoiding the template bloat. There are manual ways to
do this, but here it's better to receive help from the type
system).

Bye,
bearophile