Designing a matrix library for D

ed via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 21:36:02 PDT 2014

On Monday, 23 June 2014 at 21:08:03 UTC, Mason McGill wrote:
[snip]

> Concepts:
>   InputGrid: anything with a size (size_t[n]) and n-dimensional
> opIndex.
>   OutputGrid: anything with a size (size_t[n]) and
> n-dimensional opIndexAssign.
[snip]

> Cheers,
> Mason

I don't think 'Grid' is not a good name for the type. The term
Grid is generally used to refer to any sort of grid; regular,
semiregular, irregular, unstructured, curvilinear etc. etc.
grids. They are all very different in their use and internal
representations. Often a grid will have support for metadata at
each point (GIS etc.) whereas a matrix will not.

I think the word Matrix is a better fit, because that is what
they these types are.