D Logos

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 25 08:33:43 PDT 2014

On 25/06/2014 2:16 PM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 25 June 2014 14:08, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
>> On 25 June 2014 12:07, Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> Here are half a morning's worth of doodles, let me know if you see anything
>>> you like.
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3i8FWPuOpryaGVwb2NKT18zNFE/edit
>>>
>>> A...
>>
>> The circle O doodle could be a turned into the site favicon.
>>
>> I see you did a prettier version of the existing GDC logo, I think the
>> G in that looks too much like C.  I think it would be better using the
>> first G in the top left hand corner on the first line (GGDCC).
>>

> Or maybe the second...

Gs can be tricky to draw (yes, these are drawn not from an existing
font). The black letters at the top use different thicknesses for the
horizontal and vertical strokes, so that G would look out of place with
the red letters. Here are some quick variations (just the old red G with
bits on ^^).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3i8FWPuOpryb2tmc2ZMdVMwcEE/edit

A...