Few recent dmd pull requests

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 26 12:39:57 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 26 June 2014 at 19:30:38 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 June 2014 at 18:55:38 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Care to submit a PR to remove mentions of string lambdas from
>> the Phobos
>> docs? They're still all over the place.
>
> I feel like this is a bad idea, we shouldn't be deleting
> documentation. It will just end up causing more problems. Any
> ways, what is so inherently bad about them? Personally for vary
> small things I prefer string lambdas as they just look nicer.

I'm on the fence. String lambdas are about as concise as is
syntactically possible, although q{a * b} looks a bit ugly, and
"a * b" doesn't highlight properly in editors. Also, I think they
will confuse newcomers. It's really weird that [1, 2, 3].map!"a +
1" turns the passed string into a function, and extremely
confusing if you haven't read the documentation.