D Logos

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 26 13:15:46 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 26 June 2014 at 08:15:35 UTC, Alix Pexton wrote:
> On 25/06/2014 5:16 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Russel. I think we've had good success with the D
>> With
>> Moons logo, and it's use is pervasive and recognizable as
>> being D.
>>

> Perhaps just a subtle clean up then?
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3i8FWPuOpryTjFybHNYYVVtc1k/edit
>
> A...

In general, I rather like these, but I have some comments.

I'll first admit I'm not fond of the font. I do agree with a sans
serif with fairly thick stroke, but I don't like the vertical
stress and I think a wider counter definitely looks better with
these proportions.  What's the font in the current logo?

The top two, I'm not sure how I feel about the hard edges.  More
importantly, though, I don't think there's enough contrast
between the red/pink and the white, so the "D" is rather hard to
see.  How about going darker on those?  Another option might be
to give the letter a thin outline.

The bottom six, I'm not keen on the use of black.  I find it
clashes harshly with the white and red.  But changing the white
would muddle the contrast with red, so maybe ease the black back
to something a bit more mild...say, #1F252B?  The shadows on the
moons are nice, though; gives them some interest and lightening
the black would mess with that... maybe make the shadows a darker
red?  Not sure on that part.

-Wyatt