Software Assurance Reference Dataset

Araq via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 26 14:01:39 PDT 2014

> Spark is a research language that does not work, as I've
> discovered and discussed with you before. It cannot be
> determined the max stack usage at compile time, again, this is
> the halting problem.

What?! It's easily solvable: Forbid recursion and indirect
function calls and it's guaranteed that the program only requires
a fixed size stack and you can compute an upper bound of the
required stack size at compile-time. Which is BTW exactly what
OpenCL does as GPUs tend to have no stacks.

In what way is Spark a "research language that does not work"?
And how many language design issues need to be discovered until
you admit that Safe-D is a "research language that does not work"?