D Logos

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 27 02:46:31 PDT 2014

On 26/06/2014 9:34 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> Of all these, I find that I like the bottom right one the most.

I divided the options into left and right based on the emotion that I
felt the angle of the shadow on the moon suggested, the left side are
the ones that I felt were happy and optimistic, the right side the
sadder ones, so I'm very surprised that anyone would pick a favourite
from the right side oO

> One
> thing that could improve, though, is the planet's margin shouldn't be
> white; it clashes with the D. Maybe a slight reddening of the white band
> should fix it.

Good call, but quick experimentation has not found just the right colour
yet. It seems that in order not to disappear it needs to get darker.

> Also, it may help if the margin of the shadows on the
> moons were made a tad softer -- make the edge between the two halves of
> each moon just a little less sharp.

I like this idea.

Thanks for your feedback.