Pair literal for D language

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 28 14:23:55 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 09:15:18PM +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 June 2014 at 16:11:15 UTC, Mason McGill wrote:
> >Understood. I was just expressing my initial impression: that it
> >seemed strange that a symbol declared as a `TemplateArgumentList` was
> >neither passed nor received as template arguments.
>
> My hope is that having such surprising name will exactly motivate
> people to figure out what it is before having any false expectations
> and assumptions (like we have right now with all those
> `SomethingTuple`)

We've had this discussion before (and not just once), that "tuple" is a
misnomer, yada yada yada, but until somebody files a PR to change this,
things are just going to continue to remain the same. So I'd say,
whatever name you think is best in place of tuple, just go for it and
file a PR. Then we can bikeshed over the exact name once things get
going.

One reason that few people are aware there are programs running the
internet is that they never crash in any significant way: the free
software underlying the internet is reliable to the point of
invisibility. -- Glyn Moody, from the article "Giving it all away"