Top-3 for 2.066

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Sat Mar 1 15:51:32 PST 2014

On 02/25/2014 06:00 AM, Manu wrote:
> In lieu of a clear roadmap, I'm just going to list the things actively
> holding me up on a daily basis.
> Others encouraged to add theirs, maybe we'll see patterns emerge.

Just another wishlist thread?
Clearly for a roadmap you have to match demand with possible supply.
If you want to implement something or you found someone to do it for you
put it on the Agenda (http://wiki.dlang.org/Agenda).

> 1. Options to select CRT reference for DMD-Win64, and /Zl equiv option
> to omit any such reference.
Not sure what this is for, won't -defaultlib= + manual linking already
do the job? Is this very important or just a personal issue of yours?

> 2. **Debugging**; concerted focus to tighten the experience. Classes,
> enums, globals (and more) all don't work. Locals with the same name
> appearing in multiple sub-scope's within the same function confuse the
> debugger. Control statements (break, continue, etc) don't seem to emit
> line numbers; single stepping skips right over them.
Debugging is important, but personally I have no interest to work on
Windows debug information. Your best bet is to pair up with Rainer who
already has a lot to do maintaining VisualD.

> 3. ref doesn't accept rvalues. Can't declare ref locals (pointers change
> semantics).
There seem to be competing DIPs. Please assemble the available
information and any existing discussion outcome and update the wiki
accordingly.
Also this might need a final discussion/voting round and at least a
glance from Walter and Andrei.
If Kenji has enough time, he might be able to help you with the
implementation.