OT: clang guys postet MSVC compatibility info

Remo remo4d at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 09:34:43 PST 2014

On Sunday, 2 March 2014 at 16:56:37 UTC, Manu wrote:
> OMG! Do want! :)
> Can't wait for an LDC with this backend!
> We'll finally have a performance compiler in windows, and 32bit
> support
> too! :)
>
> Still missing the exception handler though by the looks of it.
>

> On 2 March 2014 19:47, dennis luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html

Yes this is great, but apparently will need some time to be
really usable.

Do you mean 64bit support ?
On OSX 32bit is already dead and on Windows it is in progress.
Some applications are only available as 64bit builds.

Clang is only for C languages ( C, C++, Objective C and Objective
C++) the probability that one of "Microsoft Language" will be
supporter is very very low.
This also makes no sense. The only one the are in common with C
is C# but it is managed language. Clang is all about native code
gen.