D, Dub and distributions

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Mar 3 00:49:54 PST 2014

On 02/03/14 19:55, Russel Winder wrote:
> Looks like I work with a SCons build (*) and think of switching to Dub
> as and when Debian and Fedora package it.

Why not both?  I don't know about the complexity of your project, but it
shouldn't be too much hassle to set up build scripts for both systems.

This is what I did with Dgraph, albeit with very simple build requirements:
https://github.com/WebDrake/Dgraph/blob/master/Makefile
https://github.com/WebDrake/Dgraph/blob/master/package.json

The main hassle I encountered was because dub brings with it certain
expectations for where things are to be found and how the resulting executables
and libraries will be named, although this can all be overridden -- I was lazy
and decided to follow dub's naming schemes.