Our hackernews presence

Brendan Zabarauskas bjzaba at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 5 01:56:02 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 at 00:21:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 3/4/14, 1:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

>>> Apparently this post didn't get deleted, right? But it
>>> clearly didn't
>>> make it to
>>> the big leagues, I see it in position 205 now.
>>
>> That one got marked as 'dead' too.
>>
>> Hackernews is mostly a Go site. I'd be very surprised if they
>> deleted a
>> Go conference announcement.
>
> I don't think there's a conspiracy there.
>
> Andrei

Apparently Hacker News has protections against votes via
referrals from a single site. Never give out a direct link to a
post and ask folks to upvote it. Instead, link to
https://news.ycombinator.com/newest as soon as you post, and ask
folks to vote via that.

Brendan