Philosophy of how OS API imports are laid out in druntime

Mike none at none.com
Thu Mar 6 16:05:42 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 March 2014 at 23:56:35 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> I hope code duplication in many files rather than one file is
> in the
> interest of everyone. :)

The only people it doesn't benefit are the ones maintaining
multiple ports :)

I agree with Walter that "attempts to eliminate code duplication
in OS api interface modules" is misguided.

Software often has common implementations simply by coincidence,
not because there is an inherent relationship between them.

Mike