Lots of low hanging fruit in Phobos

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:56:54 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 March 2014 at 00:44:45 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> What about using output ranges?

I think most the string functions should be transformative, like
std.algorithm.map, so they take an input range and return an
input range.

This lets them chain most easily, letting the user sink them into
a particular range at the end.

Though we could do a bit of magic to both take an output range
and return an input range for it (which can also be
backward-compatible, as we talked about in a thread a month or so
ago), the most straightforward way is surely to treat it all like
map.