Major performance problem with std.array.front()

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Mar 7 02:41:18 PST 2014

On 3/7/2014 2:27 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Where have you been when it was introduced? :)

It slipped by me. What can I say? I'm not the only committer :-)

But after spending non-trivial time suffering as auto-decode blasted my kingdom,
I've concluded that it needs to die. Working around it is not easy.

I know that auto-decode has negatively impacted your regex, too. Basically,
auto-decode is like booking a flight from Seattle to San Francisco with a plane
change in Atlanta.