Remember that Go vs D MQTT thing and how we wondered about dmd vs gdc?

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Fri Mar 7 15:08:49 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 March 2014 at 19:03:29 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Friday, 7 March 2014 at 18:58:18 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>> I suspect it is now at the stage that the OS is the bottle
>> neck not the
>> language of the framework.
>
> I think specialized operating systems devoted to single service
> will be the future of high load web projects similar to current
> realities of hard real-time services.

I think you are right. There seems to be a lot of attention now
that C10K is winding down toward addressing the next bottleneck;
the OS. People are increasingly circumventing the OS and
reading/writing directly from/to the network interface.

http://highscalability.com/blog/2013/5/13/the-secret-to-10-million-concurrent-connections-the-kernel-i.html