Callout to DMD hackers

Asman01 jckj33 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:51:43 PST 2014

On Saturday, 8 March 2014 at 21:16:30 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 3/8/14, Asman01 <jckj33 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't understand this part "converted to UTF-8 when
>> necessary"
>> in [1].
>
> See Module::parse() in module.c, it converts all non-UTF-8
> formats to
> UTF-8 when reading a file.
>
> Actually thinking about this, this has to be extremely
> inefficient.
> Hopefully once the compiler is ported to D we won't have to do
> this
> sort of conversion.

Umm, why exactly? what approach will you be using instead of? I'm
learning a bit more about compilers/programming languages at my
free time. And if when the dmd in D port starts and I know at
least enough about to be able to get involved with the project
sure I will do. Of course I hope my poor english don't scare
everybody in there but it's something I'm going to change