std.json API broken without notice

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Mar 8 23:26:18 PST 2014

On 3/8/2014 8:08 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 March 2014 at 03:58:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I wonder how we can improve the process to avoid such issues in the future.
>
> Make it easy for individuals and companies to set up CI servers which
> automatically test their projects with beta versions of D?

The coverage of the unittests for std.json is 92%. But most of the uncovered
lines should be trivial to cover with unittests. For example, JSON_TYPE.UINTEGER
is completely untested.

A review of unittest coverage should be part of any review of new library code.

Note that checking the unittest coverage is as easy as:

     dmd std/json -unittest -main -cov