Major performance problem with std.array.front()

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Mar 9 10:54:30 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 9 March 2014 at 17:48:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> wc

What should wc produce on a Sanskrit text?

The problem is that such questions quickly become philosophical.

> (Generally: I've always been very very very doubtful about
> arguments that start with "I can't think of..." because I've
> historically tried them so many times, and with terrible
> results.)

I agree, which is why I think that although such arguments are
not unwelcome, it's much better to find out by experiment. Break
something in Phobos and see how much of your code is affected :)