Major performance problem with std.array.front()

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Mar 10 07:42:17 PDT 2014

On Monday, 10 March 2014 at 14:27:02 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Monday, 10 March 2014 at 14:11:13 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Historically 2 approaches has been practiced:
>>
>> 1) argue a lot and then do nothing
>> 2) suddenly change something and tell users is was necessary
>
> These are one and the same, just from the two opposing points
> of view.

</sarcasm> :)

>> I also think that this is much more important issue than this
>> attention when mentioned.
>
> You mean the whole policy on breaking changes?

Yes. I have given up about this idea at some point as there
seemed to be consensus that no breaking changes will be even
considered for D2 and those that come from fixing bugs are not
worth the fuss. This is exactly why I was so shocked that Walter
has even started this thread. If breaking changes are actually
considered (rare or not), then it is absolutely critical to
define the process for it and put link to its description to
dlang.org front page.