ddox-generated Phobos documentation is available for review

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Mon Mar 10 09:54:36 PDT 2014

On Monday, 10 March 2014 at 14:11:06 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Monday, 10 March 2014 at 14:08:07 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> Thank you, to everone who worked on this.  It's quite an
>> improvement.
>>
>> Problem:
>> http://dlang.org/library/std/compiler/vendor.html is a 404
>>
>> Recommendation:
>> I really liked the immediate link to the source file on github
>> in the old layout.  If possible please add it to the new
>> layout.
>
> Since (IIRC) DDox parses JSON layout, I think it is capable of
> generating exact links to the file:line of each symbol. That
> would be neat, as it allows quickly seeing the implementation
> if the documentation is not sufficient.

I wanted to do just this so I considered adding a predefined
macro to ddoc to get line numbers like I did to get filenames (I
needed SRCFILENAME to add the Improve This Page button) but the
line numbers would pretty quickly lose sync between master and
the documentation so that would also require integrating the
release tag into the documentation somehow so I gave up on that
idea.