ddox-generated Phobos documentation is available for review

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Mon Mar 10 11:56:45 PDT 2014

Am 10.03.2014 15:11, schrieb Vladimir Panteleev:
> On Monday, 10 March 2014 at 14:08:07 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> Thank you, to everone who worked on this.  It's quite an improvement.
>>
>> Problem:
>> http://dlang.org/library/std/compiler/vendor.html is a 404
>>
>> Recommendation:
>> I really liked the immediate link to the source file on github in the
>> old layout.  If possible please add it to the new layout.
>
> Since (IIRC) DDox parses JSON layout, I think it is capable of
> generating exact links to the file:line of each symbol. That would be
> neat, as it allows quickly seeing the implementation if the
> documentation is not sufficient.

It's actually already there - at the top of each page, there is a "View
source code" button that goes to the proper file/line and to the proper
branch/tag. I've used the same style as the already existing buttons,
but those are indeed not very noticeable on the right side of the page.

Any suggestions for a better place/style without visually cluttering up
the actual documentation?