Duals or ranges and reactive D

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 11 16:59:21 PDT 2014

On 03/10/2014 08:26 PM, Szymon Gatner wrote:

>> In case you are interested, I have thrown together a small proof of
>> concept implementation: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/9d8386768da0
>
> Wow, that is now what I'd small ;) I will definitely take a look.
>
> Is it something you already had written or something new?

I've written it in response to you post. (Note that it works with DMD
2.064.)

> How do you feel about the concept?

It does not make a lot of sense with value semantics, so efficiency
might be a concern. I don't know how useful this specific implementation
(that deviates from std.range only slightly) would be in practice (e.g.
probably one wants to be able to reserve space even if writing is not
random access.)