Broken?

Brian Rogoff brogoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:30:10 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 11 March 2014 at 18:33:16 UTC, Daniel Kozák wrote:
> Steven Schveighoffer píše v Út 11. 03. 2014 v 14:14 -0400:
>
>> Consider how long Walter resisted the call to make functions
>> final by  default, until he suddenly switched sides. I think
>> of it like a  dictatorship with 1000 advisors. And no death
>> squads :)

If he resisted for a long time, it makes little sense to say "he
suddenly switched sides". Reviewing the old thread, it looks like
Manu's arguments amongst others were convincing that this change
is worth it.

I have mixed feelings on this topic. I think methods should be
final by default, but it is late in the day for these kind of
changes, especially given D's unpleasant history with respect to
changes.

-- Brian