Callout to DMD hackers

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Tue Mar 11 19:14:45 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 12 March 2014 at 01:17:23 UTC, Asman01 wrote:
> On Saturday, 8 March 2014 at 22:20:50 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
> wrote:
>> On 3/8/14, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:
>>> How many actual D source files are not UTF-8?
>>
>> No idea. Maybe some Windows tools use UTF-16, although I can't
>> think
>> of any. VS uses UTF-8 right?
>
> VS do use UTF-16, IIRC.

You can change the file encoding but the default is codepage 1252
for me (I assume it changes based on your locale but I don't know
that for certain). It's definitely not UTF-16 encoded. I don't
recall ever seeing Windows VS source code encoded with anything
other than 1252/8859-1 or (rarely) UTF-8.