Callout to DMD hackers

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Mar 11 22:06:59 PDT 2014

On 3/8/2014 8:25 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Recently Vladimir Panteleev has ported the DMD Source Guide from the old
> wiki to the new one[1], and updated it with up-to-date information. I've
> added a "DMD Hacking Tips & Tricks" section[2], which should help people
> new to the codebase to start hacking on DMD-FE. I've only added a few
> tips that I know of.

Wow, that page is hugely improved since last time I looked (quite a
while ago, TBH). Cheers to all who contributed!

One thing I'm still unclear on though (maybe someone in-the-know could
add this info?): Last I looked at DMD's semantic code, there was a lot
of stuff about "deferred" semantics. What's all that stuff about? It
sounds like some sort of inverse of what the Wiki describes about
handling forward references, but I don't know anything about it.