Remove link from github to phobos mailing list?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 12 01:40:08 PDT 2014

On 3/12/14, 12:51 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 3/11/14, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> They could be separated into two lists, but is that what any of the
>> developers want?
>
> I'd want the dmd internals NG to be split up:
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.109.1392491086.6445.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

If its what people want, then I'll make the changes (at least on the mailing list and github config
side of things, I can't do anything with the news groups or the forum configs).

That said, I figured a few stats might be interesting and might help inform the value of the split.
  Since December 4 (where the log I'm using happens to start), through today, for the Phobos list,
here's a break down of the number of days having a given post count (note, 0 post days will be
missing from this since there won't have been any log lines to process, someone do the math to fill
that line in for us :)

    # days   # posts
      18       1
      15       2
       9       3
      14       4
       6       5
       5       6
       6       7
       3       8
       1       9
       3      10
       2      11
       2      12
       1      17
       1      19
       1      23
       1      26

This doesn't split between github vs non-github traffic, it's the two combined.  So, the vast
majority of days have less than 10 messages.  That's such a tiny amount that I'm amazed that anyone
is remotely concerned.

The dmd-internals list has the same pattern:

    # days   # posts
       6       1
       9       2
      13       3