Processes and Channels, cf. goroutines.

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Wed Mar 12 01:43:45 PDT 2014

Am 03.03.2014 16:55, schrieb Bienlein:
> On Monday, 3 March 2014 at 14:27:53 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, what did you miss in vibe.d regarding fiber
>> based scheduling?
>
> Hi Söhnke,
>
> I'm thinking of developing a little actor library on top of D's
> spawn/receive model for creating threads, which is already actor-like
> but on a level of global functions. I want to mold some thin class layer
> on top of it to have actors on class level. Vibe.d would be a good
> solution for distributed actors. But for a first step I want to have
> local actors. Actors that are in the same memory space don't need to
> communicate through sockets as in case of vibe.d.
>
> Regards, Bienlein

The vibe.core.concurrency module provides the same interface as
std.concurrency (with some different details). Once Sean's fiber
additions to std.concurrency will be ready, vibe.core.concurrency will
be layered on top of (and finally replaced by) it.

There is also vibe.stream.taskpipe, which offers a stream interface for
passing data between tasks. This works for tasks in the same or in
different threads.