Remember that Go vs D MQTT thing and how we wondered about dmd vs gdc?

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Wed Mar 12 05:10:03 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 12 March 2014 at 09:26:28 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> I actually don't see a reason why it can't be just as efficient
> when done as a library. Taking the example of vibe.d, fibers
> are currently never moved between threads (although
> technically, they could), but they are still stored in a free
> list and reused for later tasks.

I believe several kernel threads are in the play to call fibers.
Then the free list must be synchronized which can make a
difference on a heavy loaded system at the end of the day.
HawtDispatch (http://hawtdispatch.fusesource.org) applies some
tricks to reduce synchronization on its free lists for that
reason. But I honestly don't have a clue how that exactly works.