Recent discussion about discussions

bossfong bossfong at posteo.de
Wed Mar 12 11:11:50 PDT 2014

As a "new kid", I'm really baffled by by how much discussion in
the developers scene is done in mailing lists.
I strongly believe that mailing-lists are not suited for heated
discussions on very specific issues. I even belive it's
counter-productive when comparing the discussion flow with modern
forum software.
By modern forum software I mean discussion centric software like
disqus[1].

My appeal is it to switch to a more modern forum software (even
though I value really much, that the current webforum is
implemented in D).

Is there anything specific holding us back?

[1] http://disqus.com