Broken?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Mar 12 17:49:57 PDT 2014

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> The "perpetual design" stage of D has ended. We've made our
> bed, it's time to lie in it.

If you don't change your bed once in a while, it will start to
smell. A language dies if it doesn't keep a subgroup of people
for its design, and when necessarily its redesign.

Adapted from Simon Peyton Jones: ~We should avoid D success at
all costs~

> I foresee only one more area of possible breakage - thread
> support, and hopefully only code that was already broken should
> cease to compile.

There is also to fix the small mess with tuples. I suggest to
deprecate some usages of the comma. And there are few more small
things to fix.

Bye,
bearophile