Remember that Go vs D MQTT thing and how we wondered about dmd vs gdc?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Mar 12 23:49:34 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 12 March 2014 at 18:05:38 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> I think this article puts it well. Bypassing the kernel for
> fibers should be a long-term plan :)
>
> http://highscalability.com/blog/2013/5/13/the-secret-to-10-million-concurrent-connections-the-kernel-i.html

I have seen one real-world project where it was done. Point is
not about specifically fibers though but scheduling as a whole -
when all resources of the system are supposed to be devoted to a
single service, general-purpose OS scheduling creates problems as
it is intended for universal multi-tasking.