Broken?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Mar 13 00:51:09 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 17:37:37 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> The "perpetual design" stage of D has ended. We've made our bed, it's
> time to lie in it. I foresee only one more area of possible breakage -
> thread support, and hopefully only code that was already broken should
> cease to compile.

Another major area which we've discussed changing (and agreed on - we just
haven't actually managed to implement the changes) is removing toString,
toHash, opEquals, and opCmp from Object to fix the const problem. That's
likely to introduce breaking changes - well worth it IMHO, and hopefully it
can be done with minimal disruption - but it's a pretty big change nonetheless

- Jonathan M Davis