Final by default?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 06:57:32 PDT 2014

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:54:55 -0400, Daniel Murphy
<yebbliesnospam at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Steven Schveighoffer"  wrote in message
> news:op.xcnxdfikeav7ka at stevens-macbook-pro.local...
>
>> Are they using assumeSafeAppend? If not, totally understand. If they
>> are, then I want to fix whatever is wrong.
>
> Well no, it's D1 code.

Right. I wasn't sure if an attempt was made to convert and they considered
that option usable or not.

Considering the mechanism that is used to "reset" buffers, I would expect
it to be a difficult process to update to use assumeSafeAppend. But I
would expect the performance to actually increase once that is done.

-Steve