Final by default?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Mar 13 14:50:08 PDT 2014

> 2. There's the danger of getting into a design-by-committee rut.

Back in the early days of the C++ Standards committee, I recall some members
negotiating in effect "vote for my proposal and I'll vote for yours". I don't
see that as a great way to design a language.

Democratic committee processes also involve long, and I mean loooong, timespans
for making decisions. Like 13 years from C++98 to C++11.