Bountysource: Facebook offers additional funding for D issues

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Mar 13 20:27:23 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 06:20:38PM -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 3/13/14, 6:04 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 05:46:29PM -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> >[...]
> >>Fantastic. I raised the number of votes per user to 20.
> >[...]
> >
> >Only 20? :-(  I was hoping to vote on all AA bugs...
>
> Don has protested in the past that too many votes blunt the
> statistics collected. I didn't agree with his argument, but he might
> have been up to something.
>
> What would be a reasonable number?
[...]

Hmm. Originally I would've said unlimited, but thinking about it again,
I think he does have a point that having only a limited number forces
you to consider more carefully which bugs are important to you. Maybe 50
would be a good upper limit? Past that point, it starts losing its
meaning, since I doubt if many people have even read more than 50 bug
reports on bugzilla.

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares? -- Erich Schubert