Plugins and D programs

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Mar 14 00:01:16 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 13 March 2014 at 23:44:23 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
> It might be purely a matter of historic interest at this point,
> but DDL was basically doing plugins in D ages ago:
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddl
>
> I /think/ this was the dynamic loading scheme h3r3tic used in
> his
> game engine back in the day.  I'm sure someone with a better
> memory than me could explain it better.

Sean,

Yes, been there years ago - maybe 2006. I could never get the
full edifice working, so I extracted the parts that would enable
me to just load a single .o file, and that would work most of the
time, but then sometimes it would just crash.

Maybe that would work with today's runtime, but the machine that
particular code was on got stolen, so I'd have to start from
scratch.

Steve