Recent discussion about discussions

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 01:21:36 PDT 2014

On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 08:19:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 3/14/14, 1:16 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>> On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 08:13:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't. There's no way on the http forum of seeing new posts
>>> since
>>> last time I've read them all (something trivial with NNTP). I
>>> don't
>>> understand how others don't care for that.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> The "basic" view mode has that.
>
> No. The basic view mode lists threads, not posts.
>
> Andrei

Yes, and if you look to the right, you can click the "N new" link
to take you to the oldest post in the thread that you haven't
read. Since in the basic view, posts are listed chronologically,
this is essentially exactly the feature you are asking for,
AFAICS.