GC high level overview/documentation?

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 02:31:32 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 13 March 2014 at 19:44:18 UTC, Chris Williams wrote:
> There was a presentation at last year's DConf by Sociomantic on
> their replacement GC. I believe that it included a bit of info
> on the internals of the original collector, though.

Yeah, Manu put me on the Rainer Schütze's talk from DConf, which
definitely gets more to where I want to be from the start. My
initial investigations made me do a double take when I saw that
the default garbage collector scans entire blocks of memory for
pointers rather than the blocks of memory known to hold pointers.

Thanks for the input, all.