Final by default?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 08:25:08 PDT 2014

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:15:39 -0400, Ethan <gooberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 14:26:20 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>>
>> No, not really, there was no else in the version.
>>

> I'm aware of that, and you missed the point. There's no need to
> get so hung up on Walter's specific example when the pattern he
> suggests you follow is widely used in analagous situations.

I'm not hung up on his example, in fact, I said in many cases, factoring
into a common version identifier is a good thing.

But it's not always the answer, and removing boolean OR does not make
things better in all cases.

I have no problems with a version/else statement, I don't know why you
brought it up, that works fine for me.

-Steve