Final by default?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Mar 14 11:04:50 PDT 2014

Take a look at the source code to dmd, and grep for '#if'.

I've made a concerted effort to get rid of versioning. There's still some left,
but it's largely gone. I consider this a vast improvement over the typical C/C++
program loaded to the gills with #if's.

(Nearly all the #if's in dmd are to turn logging on and off, which is something
other than versioning.)

Nobody has commented that I recall on the lack of #if's in dmd source. I suspect
it's like when you have a headache, and then suddenly you realize the headache
is gone and you have no recollection of just when it went away :-)