Possible change to array runtime?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:02:08 PDT 2014

On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 16:38:23 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Some perspective would be interesting.
>
> 1. Do you think eliminating stomping was a strategic mistake?
> (Clearly it had tactical issues with regard to portability.)

We should stomp isolated arrays.
We must not stomp immutable arrays. That mean we must not stomp
const ones as well.

> 2. If you could do it over again, would you go with T[new]?
> Something else?

No much choixe here, because of the problem mentioned earlier in
this thread. i'm baffled that this doesn't grab more attention.